1. One person is dead and another is charged with murder after a shooting Wednesday morning on Edgemont Drive in Huntsville. Shaquille Baker, 18, is in the Madison County Jail. Police are still investigating.
2. A threat made in a campus bathroom canceled classes at Auburn University. Authorities are also increasing police presence around campus.
3. A Lawrence County high school now has one of the first tornado shelters of its kind in the state. The classroom-style shelter can fit 1,000 people and withstand winds of up to 200 miles-per-hour.
4. The Tennessee House has passed a bill to allow the state to electrocute death row inmates if lethal injection drugs are not available.The Senate approved its version last week and would have to agree to House changes before sending the bill to the governor.
5. The man who was arrested near the Boston Marathon finish line on Tuesday carrying a backpack containing a rice cooker appeared in court Wednesday. A judge ordered him to be sent to a state psychiatric facility for an evaluation.
6. A somber ceremony on the campus of Virginia Tech to mark seven years since the deadly campus massacre. The school's day of remembrance began at 12:01 a.m. with a candle-lighting ceremony.
7. The search for survivors continues after a ferry carrying more than 450 people sinks off the coast of South Korea. A number of fatalities have been reported and hundreds are missing.
8. It was a wild ride captured on video after an out of control horse and carriage raced down the city streets of Savannah, Georgia. The horse got spooked and took off, hit five cars and injured passengers.
9. A soldier surprised his own kids at Mill Creek Elementary in Madison. The two children were reunited with their father who had been overseas for months.