Reality Show Star and Mayor's Son Dies of Carbon Monoxide Poison - FOX 54 WZDX – Huntsville News, Weather and Sports

Reality Show Star and Mayor's Son Dies of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Posted: Updated:

ALBERTVILLE, AL (WZDX) - He was a local reality star and the son of a local mayor. Nick Honea known across the country from a show on CMT has died from carbon monoxide poisoning just one day before his 28th birthday.

"Oh it's terrible. A parent's worst nightmare. Just a very unfortunate accident," said Albertville Assistant Police Chief Jamie Smith.

"When I first heard about it, it was stunning," said family friend Jason Lowden.

"Apparently he was helping a friend, working at the house, doing some pressure washing inside an enclosed garage. We believe the fumes from the gas-powered pressure washer, the carbon monoxide, is what caused it," said Smith.

Nick's father, Tracy, is the mayor of Albertville. Tracy also owned the car dealership where Jason Lowden got to know him.

"He was a great guy. I've known him since he was four-years-old," said Lowden. "Everybody he knew he was family to."

The 27-year-old was also a star on the second season of CMT's "Redneck Island."

"Nick was a good guy. I've known him since he was a young boy. Very fun, very carefree, fun loving, always having a good time. He was just one of those guys that if you were around him for any length of time, you knew he was a good guy, a friend," said Smith.

"He was a friend that would always be there for you," said Lowden.

"To the Honea family, just know our condolences are with you and your in our continued thoughts and prayers," said Smith.

Funeral arrangements for Nick Honea have not been set as of yet. A blood sample has been sent to the lab for toxicology testing, which is standard in this type of a death.

 

Powered by WorldNow