1. A body was found Monday afternoon at Steenson Hollow Marina in Colbert County. The body was of a middle-aged woman and appeared to have been in the water for an extended period of time.
2. Firefighters worked through wind and rain battling an overnight apartment fire on 7th Avenue. Investigators say the fire likely started in a fireplace and spread through the building.
3. Iqbal Memon, the father of Discovery Middle School shooter Hammad Memon, pleaded not guilty to hindering prosecution. Jury selection began for his trial after the plea was entered.
4. The Saturn Rocket that stands alongside Interstate 65 at the Alabama Welcome Center in Ardmore is slated for a cleaning. The state tourism department will fund the wash-and-paint project.
5. Flash floods left some drivers trapped in their cars Monday morning in Birmingham. One driver had to be rescued from their car after it got stuck in about two feet of water.
6. There's new hope that searchers may find the black boxes from Malaysia Airlines flight 370. An Australian ship detected two distinct, long-lasting sounds underwater consistent with the pings from the boxes.
7. Mazda is recalling 42,000 of its Mazda 6 sedans from 2010 thru 2012 because spiders can weave a web that blocks airflow in the fuel tank. No injuries or fires have been reported.
8. An experimental drug shows encouraging results in treating advanced breast cancer. Pfizer makes the drug and says in an early clinical trial, it prevented worsening of the disease from 10 to 20 months.
9. Legendary Hollywood actor Mickey Rooney has died at the age of 93. Rooney broke into the film industry before age 10 and has more than 200 film credits to his name.