1. The loss of the Mentone Springs Hotel will be an economic hit for the town and right now plans to rebuild are still up in the air. A faulty electrical box on the second floor started Saturday night's fire.
2. After filing for bankruptcy last week, Decatur Emergency Medical Services, Inc. surrendered its operating license. A city council meeting was scheduled for Monday night to revoke DEMSI's license but that did not have to take place.
3. Raytheon is expanding its missile facility at Redstone Arsenal. The company recently opened a 70,000 square foot factory for making and testing the missiles, which are used to destroy incoming missiles.
4. Huntsville Utilities customers will pay a little more for electricity during march thanks to a Tennessee Valley Authority increase due to higher fuel costs. Customers can expect a six percent increase for March.
5. Hundreds of pro-Russian demonstrators gathered outside a Ukrainian government building. America is urging President Putin to pull back Russia's invasion.
6. The trial for Olympic hero Oscar Pistorius began Monday. The double amputee paralympic champion is accused of murdering his girlfriend last year on Valentine's Day. If convicted, he could spend the rest of his life behind bars.
7. The National Corvette Museum in Kentucky has begun removing eight vintage and rare cars from a massive sinkhole. The museum hopes to recover two more cars by Wednesday.
8. The traveling Vietnam wall has found a new home in Georgia. It features the names of more than 58,000 people who were killed or reported missing in the Vietnam War.
9. A former Muscle Shoals hair stylist took home Oscar gold Sunday night. Adruitha Lee won for best makeup and hairstyling. Lee worked on "Dallas Buyers Club" also did the makeup for "12 Years a Slave."