Montreal, Quebec, February 4th, 2014 - St-Georges Platinum and Base Metals Ltd. (OTCQX: SXOOF) (CSE: SX) is pleased to report the nomination of a new independent director to its board.
Dr. Wei-Tek Tsai of Scottsdale, Arizona has accepted the position of director on the board of St-Georges Platinum. He has been a shareholder of the company since inception and also holds convertible unsecured debentures.
The current board now consists of:
Francois (Frank) Dumas Mark Billings
David Grand Guy Simard
Herb Duerr Wei-Tek Tsai
Dr. Tsai has agreed to provide a short-term credit facility to the Company in the form of a 5-year promissory note bearing interest of 12% payable annually and 6% capitalised (for a total of 18%) for a total amount of $200,000 to be disbursed over the next 12 months. The money will be used to conduct independent due diligence in regards to the metallurgical technology being optioned under the soon to be formed Research & Development subsidiary of St-Georges, other due diligence efforts that might be needed in the near future, and also to cover essential expenses of the Company including its legal advisors, auditors, transfer agent and listing fees.
About Wei-Tek Tsai
Dr. Wei-Tek Tsai is currently a Professor of Computer Science and Engineering in the School of Computing, Informatics, and Decision Systems Engineering at Arizona State University. He invested in various resource companies in the last 12 years. He was one of 7013833 Canada Corp. shareholders that sold its assets to Argex Titanium in 2009.
He received his B.S. from Computer Science and Engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology at Cambridge in 1979, M.S. and Ph.D. in Computer Science from University of California at Berkeley in 1982 and 1986.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Mark Billings, Director
St-Georges is a Platinum-Palladium & Nickel explorer with projects in the Province of Quebec, Canada. Headquartered in Montreal, the Company’s stock is listed on the CSE under the symbol SX and on the OTCQX under the Symbol SXOOF. Its Flagship projects are the Julie and Isoukustouc projects on Quebec’s North Shore near the deep-seaport town of Baie-Comeau. For additional information, please visit our website at www.stgeorgesplatinum.com.
Forward-looking Statement: This document contains certain forward-looking statements which involve known and unknown risks, delays, and uncertainties not under the corporation’s control which may cause actual results, performance or achievements of the corporation to be materially different from the results, performance or expectation implied by these forward-looking statements.
The Canadian Securities Exchange (CSE) has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or the accuracy of the contents of this release.