1. A weekend shooting at the Showcase Lounge on University Drive in Huntsville is under investigation. One person was shot and taken to the hospital as a result.
2. Huntsville police are investigating an armed robbery at the Fuel City gas station on Whitesburg Drive. A man left the store with cash. No injuries were reported.
3. An Owens Cross Roads woman was killed when her home caught fire early Sunday morning. The home on Cove Lake Road was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.
4. The Salvation Army is looking for volunteers this holiday season. Plenty of volunteer opportunities are available for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.
5. Last week's suspicious package scare in Decatur is highlighting a need for social media resources. Decatur police are now establishing a Twitter account to provide real-time information to the public.
6. Governor Robert Bentley says the state will have more money in education appropriations in the next budget. He says money will still be tight, but he'd like raises for teachers to be included in the 2015 budget. Governor Bentley didn't offer a specific number though.
7. There's a new USDA rule that requires packages of meat to include labels that tell you the country where the animal was born, raised and slaughtered. The rule actually took effect back in May, but companies were given a six-month grace period to make the change.
8. JC Penney is being removed from the S&P 500 index because of its declining value. The stock is down more than 50 percent this year.
9. The official U.S. Capitol Christmas tree arrived at the Capitol Building on Monday. The 88-foot spruce chosen from Washington state among dozens of nominees from around the country.