1. Wednesday, the nation marked the 50th anniversary of the Historic march on Washington, when Martin Luther King, Jr. Delivered his "I have a dream" speech from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.
2. That speech was first shared at Oakwood University in Huntsville. One professor at the school says the event has forever changed his life.
3. The bell from an historic Alabama church rang out over the crowd gathered at the Lincoln Memorial, marking the 50 year anniversary. The bell is from the 16th street Baptist church in Birmingham.
4. Alabama senator Bill Holtzclaw wants to ban "The Bluest Eye" from local schools because he says it has no educational value. The book is on the list of the Common Core's recommended reading.
5. There are seven sets of twins at Brewer High in Morgan County. All of those twins are in the freshman class.
6. There are two more confirmed cases of West Nile in Shelby County, Tennessee. The newest cases are those of a 33-year-old woman and an 82-year-old woman.
7. British researchers are hoping to prove eating lots of broccoli may slow down or even prevent arthritis. Human trials are underway following successful lab studies on mice.
8. The famed Volkswagen Microbus, that's been around since 1950, will be no more come December. The company says it can't modify the bus to meet upcoming safety regulations.
9. A teen from Oregon says she's not normally afraid of spiders. But, the behemoth that showed up in her home. She says was big enough to warrant a 911 call.