1. A spike in crime is causing concern in North Huntsville. Community leaders are working to combat the problem.
2. A state senator is heading up an effort to save B.B. Comer Bridge in Jackson County. Shadrack McGill has collected thousands of signatures on a petition.
3. Construction workers are excavating Danville Road after a pipe under the road was damaged during flooding earlier this month. The work is targeted to be complete by the start of school.
4. Redstone Arsenal's gate 8 on Drake Road will be closed Monday through Friday beginning next Friday. That schedule will be continue through the furloughs.
5. A boy was sent to the hospital after a wreck in Harvest. A car pulled out from McKee road and was T-Boned by a truck on Highway 53.
6. The former Band Director at Discovery Middle School is turning in his resignation. John Nash was arrested for failure to report child abuse after his son was charged with possession of child pornography.
7. A new device from Google is about the size of your thumb and wirelessly streams video right to your TV. The Chrome-Cast costs about $35.
8. A 101-year-old man celebrated his birthday by going to work. The World War II vet received a card from Wal Mart executives and a video from his co-workers.
9. DirecTV says it will soon offer a channel designed specifically for dogs to watch. DOGTV will run music, visuals, and animation for lonely or bored dogs left at home while their owners are at work.