1. A 10-year-old Huntsville girl was laid to rest Friday. Jaden Coppens was killed during a car crash last week.
2. Firefighters are investigating a fire that nearly destroyed this home in Huntsville. The blaze began burning around noon in the 700 block of Kilkenny Road.
3. Governor Robert Bentley says he believes Alabama's new private school tax credits should not apply to students who never enrolled in a failing school.
4. Police dogs in Alabama will soon be protected under state law. Governor Bentley signed the legislation this week making it a felony to kill or assault a K-9.
5. Students from around the Valley were showing off their engineering skills at Grissom High School's 2nd annual Robotics Camp Friday. The National society of Black Engineers teamed up with Huntsville Schools for the event.
6. A miner is dead after an accident in Tuscaloosa County. 36-year-old Chris Brown fell onto equipment that was in use.
7. A New York man says his small kids got drunk after being served Mimosas at a Restaurant. He says his 7-year-old daughter mentioned the Orange Juice tasted funny before his kids later slept all day and then appeared hung over.
8. A gigantic swordfish was caught off the coast of Texas after a nearly four hour effort. The massive fish was nearly nine foot long and weighed in at 493 pounds.
9. Friday was National Doughnut Day! Several doughnut shops offered free doughnuts to customers.