1. The Huntsville police department released its list of crime statistics for 2012 Thursday. The numbers show an increase in violent crime, and a steep decrease in property crime.
2. U.S. Marshals are increasing the reward for a man wanted in a Cowan, Tenn. murder. They are now offering $5,000 for information leading to the arrest of David Jenkins.
3. Cyber Security experts gathered in the Rocket City Thursday for the 5th annual Summit at the VBC. The goal is to discuss the latest threats and newest ways to protect classified information.
4. The city of Arab is getting a facelift downtown as a group of students from the high school paint two large murals on Main Street.
5. New information shows the government has been secretly collecting phone records of millions of U.S. Customers of the Verizon Wireless network.
6. Today marks 69 years since the D-Day landings in Normandy. In 1944, allied forces invaded France, beginning the drive to break the German occupation of Europe.
7. Twisters touched down in Florida ahead of Tropical Storm Andrea. Fierce winds ripped through trees and damaged property.
8. And, a look at the winner of the record breaking $590 million Powerball jackpot. 84-year-old Gloria did live in a tiny efficiency with a chain link fence.
9. Officials at Redstone Arsenal finally confirmed Thursday what Ari had already figured out. The mystery blip on the radar was indeed chaff.