1. It was an emotional Memorial Day in Huntsville as residents gathered at Maple Hill Cemetery for a wreath-laying ceremony to honor the men and women who paid the ultimate price for our freedom.
2. The Veteran's Memorial in downtown Huntsville was a busy site this Memorial Day. The flags flew at half-staff.
3. President Obama honored American's fallen servicemen and women by taking a tour of Arlington Cemetery. He laid a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns.
4. A bugle player in Gardendale played his instrument to honor military families on Monday. Gene Ramsay always plays Taps upon request at military funerals.
5. A man from Missouri is using trees to express his appreciation for fallen soldiers. Many of those trees were knocked down during a tornado. His next work of art will be a World War two veteran saluting.
6. More than five thousand runners participated in a Memorial day tradition in Huntsville. The 10k portion of the Cotton Row Run began at 7:00 a.m.
7, Point Mallard Water Park opened this season in Decatur with a brand new attraction. The new Lazy River allows guests to float through a quarter mile of winding water.
8. A New York veteran was reunited with his dog tag, 69 years after losing it in Nazi-occupied France in 1944. A French woman mailed the tags to the United States after finding them in her field.
9. There was a record setting interview in Norway. A chat with a crime novelist lasted 30 hours on a television talk show.