1. The Supreme Court is refusing to review Alabama's controversial immigration crackdown. Lawmakers passed the legislation in 2011, but it was blocked by a Federal Appeals Court.
2. Decatur police are investigating a crash that left a woman dead. Her pick-up truck was found smashed into the side of a house near the intersection of Chenault and Royal Drive.
3. Athens is growing with the addition of new retailers. IHOP, Jacks, and Dairy Queen are among some of the new restaurants planning to open along Highway 72.
4. Planetary scientist Dr. Alan Stern presented "New Horizons" Monday night at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center. It's part of the first scientific investigation of Pluto and its moons.
5. Grad students at Alabama A&M are working on a study on city issues in Albertville.
6. 2,000 pounds of catfish were dropped into the lake at Sharon Johnston Park in preparation for the 2013 Fishing Rodeo.
7. An Indiana woman will be staying away from beans for a while after a small toad was found inside her canned green beans.
8. Eyeglasses give dyslexics the ability to read like everyone else, using colors to block out certain types of light.
9. Huntsville ranked #1 in Weather.com's ranking of cities most likely to get hit by a tornado. The study cited storms from 2011 and 1989.