Fire Damages Hazel Green Home

[image]

HAZEL GREEN, Ala. (WZDX) - Firefighters say a hot water heater may be to blame for an afternoon house fire.

According to Bobo volunteer firefighters, the homeowner at 209 Cantrell Road smelled smoke around 1:30 p.m. and realized the house was on fire. Both people in the home made it out.

At one point 35 firefighters from five different departments were on scene battling the fire, which collapsed the home's roof.


© Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WZDX