1 Florence police and members of the SWAT team began a standoff with a robbery suspect around 11:00 Monday morning. We're told Terry Hankins has felony warrants for robbing and strangling his stepfather over the weekend.
2. Police say a man called 911 around 8:00 Sunday night, claiming 3 bombs would go off at once at Marshall Medical North and South, and Cullman Regional Medical Center.
3. Jeremy Lang is the man the Cullman County Sheriff says is responsible for those threats. Lang escaped from police custody in Arab around the same time the 911 call was made.
4. The developer who was working on the old East Clinton School building is backing out of the project. Bob Broadway says the Historical Commission did not like any of his proposed redevelopment ideas.
5. Huntsville Hospital is stepping in to help in the wake of tragedy. Administrators are sending pizza to hospitals in Boston and Texas after explosions rocked those areas, sending dozens to the E.R.
6. People in Boston observed a moment of silence Monday, one week after explosions rocked the finish line of the marathon. Meanwhile, one of the suspects was officially charged with using a weapon of mass destruction to kill.
7. A new wing of the Alabama Democratic party was announced Monday. Former Chairman Mark Kennedy announced the Alabama Democratic Majority in downtown Birmingham.
8. New York lawmakers are considering a proposal to raise the legal smoking age from 18 to 21. Mayor Michael Bloomberg recently proposed stores keep cigarettes out of public sight.
9. There is some relief at the pump as the Lundberg survey reports the average price across the nation at $3.54. That's down 11 cents over the past two weeks. $3.30 is the average in Huntsville.