1. Hundreds gathered at Huntsville's Hampton Cove Greenway for a run to show their support for those affected by the Boston Marathon bombings.
2. In Boston, a crowd came together at a makeshift memorial at the site of the bombings. People laid flowers, wrote notes and laid American flags.
3. Police surveillance video shows the surviving bombing suspect hiding in a boat shortly before he was captured. The chopper's heat-seeking equipment detected the 19-year-old in the stern.
4. Two senators who helped write the bipartisan immigration legislation say the Boston Marathon bombings should expedite an overhaul of the current system.
5. An Athens family is picking up the pieces of their lives after a fire destroyed their home. Four family members were inside the home on Settle Road when the fire began early this morning.
6. Twenty-two Valley workers are without a job after Huntsville-based Avocent Corporation announced the layoffs Friday.
7. Dozens of cars were sitting underwater after floods poured through Indiana. North and West of Indianapolis were hardest hit with floods after four days of heavy rain.
8. A Wisconsin Zoo celebrated an early Earth day by introducing the newest member of its animal kingdom. Meredith, the African Penguin, is the first chick hatched in 16 years.
9. The Make-a-Wish organization went above and beyond the call of duty to help a six-year-old achieve his dream of becoming a police officer. Darius Lee has sickle cell disease. The organization staged a pretend crime and the kid captured the bad guys.