1. A suspicious package was found in Senator Richard Shelby's Washington D.C. Office. Preliminary tests indicated poisonous ricin in two letters sent to President Obama and a Mississippi senator.
2. A brush fire scorched 10 acres in North Madison County. The blaze shut down Darwin Road near Moores Mill.
3. The Alabama Department of Environmental Management is suing the Tennessee Valley Authority. The TVA is accused of contaminating the Cane Creek and the Tennessee River with Arsenic.
4. First responders spent part of the day learning how to respond to accidents involving electric and hybrid cars. The Alabama Clean Fuels Coalition and J.F. Drake Technical College sponsored the one day workshop.
5. The Huntsville Visitor's Bureau unveiled a new birding trail. It lists 13 sites and hours for the best bird watching.
6. Runners in Atlanta honored the victims of Monday's bombing at the Boston Marathon. The Mile of Silence was held Tuesday in the city.
7. Apple shares hit a new low as demand for the mini iPad dropped 20 to 30 percent. The report says people are just waiting for the next generation.
8. Houston, Orlando and Chicago topped U-Haul's list of the top 50 moving destinations. That data is based on one way truck rentals.
9. A Utah couple is being forced to get rid of its family pet. Hamsome is just too big. The pig tips the scales at 165 pounds. The city's max for a house-bound hog is 70.