1. There was storm damage in the Rocket city. Power lines were down at Lily Flagg Road and Whitesburg. There was a large power outage in South Huntsville that continued through the Hampton Cove area.
2. In what may be a good sign for allergy sufferers, you could see the pollen washing away in the Elk River.
3. The UAHuntsville storm trackers took the opportunity to get a hands-on education in the passing storms. They had their equipment out in the elements Thursday afternoon.
4. A tornado touched down in parts of Mississippi. There is incredible video of the massive storm that moved through Noxubee County, damaging homes and toppling trees.
5. In the Shoals, there is a verdict in the murder trial of Ronald Weems. The jury found him guilty of murder and abuse of a corpse in the death and dismemberment of Amanda Taylor in Colbert County.
6. The Huntsville School board voted this morning to fire a Montview Elementary teacher who, last year, purchased weapons that ended up in the hands of a Mexican drug gang. Desma Depree Willis was terminated following an hour-long hearing before the board.
7. Researchers are blaming the latest windows operating system for a steep drop in P.C. shipments. Looks like we're headed towards a post P.C. era dominated by tablets and smart phones.
8. A team of scientists in Colorado says it is possible to see pain on your brain. Brain scans were able to measure the intensity of pain and tell whether a drug is relieving it.
9. A Florida tour boat guide interrupted his tour of the Everglades to catch a 10-foot python. A cell phone camera caught the entire scene.