1. The Huntsville Historic Preservation commission met Monday night to decide the future of the historic East Clinton School. They decided not to allow the new owner to demolish the structure.
2. A man who spent the last decade navigating through life in a wheelchair is fighting for others with disabilities. He filed a lawsuit against 17 entities in the area for accessibility issues.
3. Two football players are among the three men arrested in connection with a weekend rape at a UNA on-campus dorm.
4. State and local leaders met in the Shoals Monday to discuss changes to the School Safety Bill. Lawmakers re-introduced the bill after the Governor vetoed it last week.
5. Decatur's Big Bob Gibson's earned a number one seed in the March Madness style tournament bracket to crown Alabama's best barbeque restaurant. The Alabama Tourism Department is sponsoring the competition that includes several Valley establishments.
6. We're getting our first break at the pump in 2013. The average price of a gallon fell six cents over the past two weeks to $3.74. In Huntsville, it's $3.54, with the lowest price we found coming in at $3.22.
7. The Dow isn't the only new all-time high for the American Economy. A record number of Americans are on Food Stamps. More than 47 million received the assistance in December.
8. An Oklahoma cyclist became the first blind man to compete in a sanctioned bike race in the state. He used a special tandem bike and another cyclist steered from the front.
9. A new fashion accessory may just save your life. The new hair clip is also rigged with a bottle of pepper spray. The bottle is worn around the arm, with a tube running to a wrist strap with a button by the hand.