1. A Huntsville soldier and his wife were asked to remove the American flag from their condo. That request has sparked a protest and a Facebook frenzy.
2. A Huntsville High track athlete was hit by a truck while running near the school. He was rushed to the hospital in serious condition after the incident on Harvard Road.
3. Family and friends gathered Tuesday night to remember a mother and child who died in what police are calling a double murder in South Huntsville. The vigil was held at the 7-year-old's school.
4. The underground bunker where a 5-year-old Alabama boy was held hostage for six days in Southeast Alabama is now demolished. Investigators say the shelter in Midland City posed a biological risk and is no longer needed.
5. The State of Alabama has filed a civil suit to take possession of more than $220,000 that was seized from the VictoryLand Casino last week. Officials say that money was used as bets or stakes in gambling activity in violation of state law.
6. Leaders of the Klu Klux Clan in Tennessee say thousands of Klansmen will attend a rally to protest the renaming of three Memphis parks that honored the Confederacy. The city has granted a demonstration permit.
7. A Georgia state representative says it's time to ease congestion by giving tickets to those who are going too slow. He's introduced legislation that would keep people from lingering in the left lane.
8. A homeless man in Kansas City returned a woman's diamond engagement ring after she accidentally dropped it into his donation cup.
9. The second major snowstorm in a week is battering the nation's midsection, dropping a half foot or more of snow across Missouri and Kansas. At least three deaths are being blamed on the blizzard.