1. The Huntsville International Airport is asking for your help to lower fares. Officials have created a petition asking regulators to let the city help negotiate prices.
2. Parents of students zoned for Johnson High School are getting the first look at the future of the facility. In a meeting Monday night, the Huntsville School Board allowed those parents to ask questions.
3. Alabama A&M University is a finalist for the third annual "Retool your School" campus grant program. Colleges are competing for $225,000 for on-campus improvements. You can vote at retoolyourschool.com.
4. The city of Decatur is trying to find you a parking spot downtown. The city will spend $19,000 on a 3-month parking study for the growing area.
5. A Coast Guard official says the cause of the engine room fire on the Carnival cruise ship Triumph was a leak in a fuel oil return line. The complete investigation is expected to take six months.
6. 68 pythons were found in the Everglades during the Python Challenge. The longest measured in just over 14 feet in the state-sponsored hunt that brought in nearly 1,600 hunters.
7. Nine states from across the country including Alabama are trying to protect gun ownership from the long arm of Washington by proposing bills declaring that firearms made and kept within their borders are not subject to federal restrictions.
8. The publisher of Reader's Digest is filing for bankruptcy. RDA Holding Company will slash $465 million in debt.
9. A high school student in Utah is wowing audiences with his piano skills. He only has six fingers.