According to Wikipedia, Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon is a parlor game based on the "six degrees of separation" concept, which posits that any two people on Earth are, on average, about six acquaintance links apart. That idea eventually morphed into this parlor game, wherein movie buffs challenge each other to find the shortest path between an arbitrary actor and veteran Hollywood character actor Kevin Bacon. It rests on the assumption that any individual involved in the Hollywood, California film industry can be linked through his or her film roles to Kevin Bacon within six steps.
With "The Following" now on FOX54, I decided to check my separation from Kevin Bacon. I found that I am six degrees away:
1. In 2005, I was on the "Price is Right" with Bob Barker.
2. Bob Barker was in "Happy Gilmore" with Adam Sandler.
3. Adam Sandler was in "The Longest Yard" with Burt Reynolds.
4. Burt Reynolds and Goldie Hawn were in "Best Friends".
5. Goldie Hawn and Sarah Jessica Parker were in "First Wives Club".
6. Sarah Jessica Parker was in "Footloose" with Kevin Bacon.
You can watch "The Following" on Monday nights at 8 p.m. on FOX54.