1. One of Huntsville's unmarked police cars was stolen from an independent garage. The four door dark green 2001 Chevy Lumina is equipped with blue and red police lights and a siren.
2. A 24-year-old Marshall County man is accused of stealing an ambulance after being transported to the emergency room. Police say he then abandoned the ambulance and attempted to steal a horse at a nearby barn.
3. Furloughs, or temporary unpaid leave, are set to start in mid-April and last for months if Congress doesn't meet the March 1st deadline to cut off sequestration.
4. Madison County's House and Senate members held their annual public forum this evening. Residents showed up to address lawmakers at Huntsville's City Hall.
5. The deadline for Amy Bishop to file paperwork for an appeal has now passed. The convicted UA Huntsville shooter pleaded guilty to killing three of her colleagues in 2010 and was sentenced to life in prison.
6. Monday marks the 27th anniversary of the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster. The shuttle exploded 73 seconds into the flight, killing seven people in 1986.
7. Taco Bell pulled one of its TV ads after complaints that it discouraged people from eating vegetables. The ad touted a 12-pack of tacos with a voiceover saying that bringing a vegetable tray to a party is like punting on fourth and one.
8. The Baltimore Ravens departed for their first Super Bowl in 12 years Monday. A rowdy crowd gathered for the send off. The San Francisco 49ers arrived in New Orleans on Sunday.
9. Hundreds of people packed Seattle for the 5th annual Beard and 'Stache Fest. Participants got their picture taken by a professional photographer as part of a fundraiser for a foster care facility.