1. An 18 year old charged with murder for a December 4th shooting at a recording studio in Huntsville. Mardez Hobbs is accused of shooting Larry Cole on Poole Drive.
2. Muscle Shoals Police are looking for three men after a home invasion on Northeast State Street. Police say three white males beat the 69 year old home owner and stole a pistol, a TV, and several other items.
3. Luke is the newest crime fighting tool in Jackson County. The 18 month old lab is being trained to detect a number of drugs including meth and cocaine. He's the fifth K-9 on staff.
4. Auburn's board of trustees considering a graduate degree in brewing sciences. The program, which will be discussed February 1st, would provide graduate level coursework in malting, mashing, and fermentation.
5. A teacher in Florida is accused of asking students to review spelling errors by tracing out words with their fingers on a piece of sandpaper. One student said, "then by the end of the time, my whole table was bleeding."
6. Starting Sunday, it will cost you more to send that card to Grandma. First class stamps are going up to 46 cents. Postcard postage is going up to 33 cents.
7. The vice president is taking his push for tougher gun control laws on the road. He's in Virginia for a roundtable discussion with gun safety experts.
8. A candymaker is making up for a mistake 60 years ago. A customer sent in a foreign object he found in a candybar in 1952. A few days ago, after he sent an email, Pearson Candy Company sent him several candy bars to make amends.
9. "Skateboarding is fun because I love it," says Lil Rome. He's a three year old in California on his way to becoming a skateboarding superstar. He is mastering tricks that only the pros can pull off.