1. The plummeting temperatures mean big business for local plumbers. With temperatures in the teens, it is wise to take precautions with your pipes.
2. Madison County residents were out in full force to oppose a proposed quarry just outside of Gurley town limits Tuesday night. The Alabama Department of Environmental Management hosted the meeting to hear their concerns.
3. The fight to save the so-called Ghost Bridge in Lauderdale is officially over. Crews are demolishing the popular structure because of liability issues.
4. Alabama Governor Robert Bentley is pushing to consolidate state law enforcement. Bentley plans to double up on administrative duties between departments to get more officers on the streets.
5. Tuesday marked the 40th anniversary of the landmark supreme court ruling of Roe vs. Wade, legalizing abortion in the US. Nationwide debate continues today.
6. A high school wrestler in South Dakota was taken down by a spotlight. The teen needed more than 15 stitches on his forehead and the back of his head. But, he's expected to be okay.
7. Your iPhone 5 may already be outdated. Apple is reportedly planning to release new devices this year, one with a larger screen, another with a 12 megapixel camera.
8. The way you receive your federal benefits is about to change. Millions of Americans will be forced to go paperless with direct debit or a prepaid debit card in less than 2 months.
9. A Tennessee man is quite a hit with neighborhood kids. He has invented a homemade snow making device to create a winter wonderland in his yard.