1. Madison County Emergency Management is preparing for a winter weather situation. The staff will continue to monitor the situation overnight and into Thursday to lay out a plan for the area.
2. In Fort Payne, the constant rain caused a major crack along part of 3rd Avenue, sinking part of the road. Crews closed the road to repair the damage.
3. A milky mess was left on Interstate 59 in DeKalb County when a dairy truck carrying cream flipped over. EMA crews cleaned up the spill so it wouldn't get into a nearby creek.
4. A Jasper man was rescued after a building collapsed on him Tuesday. The man was stuck for 10 minutes but was shielded from the rubble because he was inside his truck.
5. Retail giant Wal-Mart promising to hire any returning military vets that want to work for the company. The CEO's pledge is one of the largest hiring commitments of former military personnel in history.
6. President Obama signed 23 executive actions on gun violence Wednesday including tougher background checks, more school resource officers and studies on gun violence.
7. The most heartbreaking and inspirational story of the college football season appears to be a hoax. Heisman runner-up Manti Te'o did lose his grandmother, but there is no record of his girlfriend who reportedly died of leukemia.
8. There was a wild police chase in Houston. Authorities say the driver was wanted for a bank robbery. He was caught after the vehicle he was driving caught fire and he tried to run.
9. And this edition of stupid criminals features a burglar in Louisiana who forgot his mask while stealing from his former employer. His improv skills lead him to choose a bucket. He was identified and arrested.