1. Rain is still falling across much of the Tennessee Valley. Many schools in the area opened late Tuesday because of icy conditions.
2. Cold weather on the West Coast is kicking up prices for produce. Farmers are trying to keep the frost from damaging crops, but prices are already on the rise for onions, lettuce, potatoes, and broccoli.
3. A forum to discuss school safety was held Tuesday evening at Columbia High School. Speakers from law enforcement agencies and counselors presented ideas to the public.
4. In Hartselle, school board members are preparing a school shooting drill using fake weapons. The drill aims to identify and shore up weakness in school security.
5. Huntsville Hospital has plans to ban smoking on its entire campus. Employees will be forced to clock out and go off hospital property to light up.
6. Workers used two giant cranes on the 104th floor roof of One World Trade to install the first piece of the spire that will make it the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere.
7. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg unveiled a new search feature that lets users search their social connections for information about people, interests, photos and places. He says the feature is "privacy aware."
8. Police in Wisconsin are on the hunt for a bathroom bandit. They say the man is stealing the flushing valves from urinals and toilets and must be finding some way to resell them.
9. It is a busy time for the president and his look-a-like. Larry Graves has been booking special appearances and photo ops at about a thousand bucks a pop.