1. Persistent rains and colder temperatures causing flash flooding in parts of the Valley. There is a chance of freezing rain in Northwest Alabama through Tuesday.
2. In Whiteville, Tenn., major street flooding trapped more than 50 people in their homes. The water is nearly five feet deep in some areas.
3. More than $100,000 in counterfeit checks were discovered in Madison County. The find lead investigators to uncover a sophisticated counterfeiting ring out of Chicago.
4. This year's flu outbreak is the worst in four years. Several states are declaring health emergencies in its wake.
5. A body discovered in Huntsville this morning lead to charges in a weekend shooting. Mercedes Douglas and Randle Hewlett are both charged with murder.
6. A church building in Limestone County was destroyed by an early morning fire. A neighbor reported the blaze around 4:45 Monday morning. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
7. A devastating fire destroys a church building in Tennessee. However, cameras caught firefighters carrying one iconic part of the building away from the rubble.
8. Legendary cyclist Lance Armstrong apologized to the Livestrong Cancer Foundation prior to taping an interview with Oprah Winfrey, but did not make a direct confession about using banned drugs. The 41 year old athlete has denied doping for years.
9. A new study shows if you tweet what you eat, it may help you lose more weight. Researchers estimate that every ten twitter posts correspond to about a half a percent weight loss.