1. A man trying to change a flat tire on I-565 was hit and killed by a tractor trailer around 10:00 this morning. Police say the victim stepped into traffic after his spare tire rolled onto the interstate.
2. Officers were forced to use pepper spray after a fight broke out at Madison Square Mall. Customers were lined up to get one of 36 passes to purchase the newest edition of Air Jordans from Hibbetts.
3. UAHuntsville ranked 5th in the latest poll from stateuniversity.com listing the top universities in the state of Alabama. UNA is tenth and Alabama A&M came in 17th. Auburn University topped the list.
4. Lawyers for Harvey Updyke say the Alabama fan is mentally competent to stand trial but will still use an insanity defense. The 64 year old is awaiting trial on criminal mischief alleging he poisoned Auburn's famous oak tree's at Toomer's Corner.
5. A memorial for the victims of the April 27th tornados in Marshall County was unveiled Thursday morning.
6. An EF-1 Tornado knocked out power and peeled roofs from buildings in Mobile. There were no immediate reports of injuries.
7. In the Midwest, the same system brought the first major snowstorm of the season. A blizzard warning was in effect for several states.
8. A Texas woman was arrested for snatching Christmas decorations from her neighbors and then decorating her own home with them. Detectives say she would take the decorations to other houses and charge those people to put them up.
9. According to the Mayan Calendar, the world ends Thursday. As a result, the Zombie Apocalypse store in Las Vegas is packed with people preparing for the end.