1. A construction accident in DeKalb County leaves one man dead and two others injured. The workers were building a new school in Crossville when they fell more than 30 feet to the ground.
2. The town of Gurley invited residents of neighboring communities to its meeting about a second attempt to build a quarry. The council declared the town's opposition.
3. Pricey metal was stolen from a cemetery in Lincoln County, Tenn. Deputies say pieces of the 100 year old wrought iron fence were taken after midnight on December 11th. Two people in a Chevy Blazer are believed to be responsible for the theft.
4. There was a special delivery from HEMSI and the United Way. Employees donated toys and gifts to the children at the downtown preschool off Vernon Street.
5. Thousands of toys were handed out in Madison County to create a Merry Christmas. Families in need lined up Tuesday morning to pick up gifts from the Salvation Army's Angel Tree program.
6. The Morgan County School District is installing a secure wireless network at all 17 campuses over the holiday break. The project will allow students to bring their own electronic devices to the classroom and use the internet as part of classroom instruction.
7. Instagram is implementing a new policy that gives the company the right to sell users' photographs without payment or notification. A statement from its founder says Instagram is listening and will make changes to avoid confusion.
8. Twitter hit the 200 million active monthly user mark. The social media giant is calling the twitter-sphere the pulse of the planet.
9. A smelly strategy: To keep grinch-like thieves from stealing his town's Christmas trees, a New Jersey mayor sprayed the trees with a chemical that emits an obnoxious smell when introduced to a home's heat. None have been stolen since.