1. Huntsville Utilities held a public meeting Tuesday to discuss a proposed water rate increase to take effect in January. The company will present its plan to the City Council on Thursday.
2. Dennis Madsen was introduced as Huntsville's new Urban Planner. He comes to the Rocket City from Atlanta, where he worked for an urban planning and design firm. He starts January 14th.
3. After four days lost in the woods, John Lapietra was tracked down by a rescue group in Bankhead National Forest Tuesday. He says he took cover in a cave.
4. An Atlas V Rocket manufactured in Decatur launched an experimental space plane into orbit just past noon today. The X37B space plane is being described as a much smaller, unmanned version of the space shuttle.
5. As a man interviewed with a Birmingham TV station, his roof fell in. Family members were still inside observing the damage from yesterday's tornado. Luckily, no one was injured.
6. There was plenty of finger pointing and little handshaking in Washington, as Republicans and Democrats battle over the Fiscal Cliff. There are not many calendar days left to reach a deal.
7. Your smart phone may help you lose weight. Researchers found that using your phone to track progress makes weight loss more effective.
8. Doomsday believers are flocking to a French mountain to try to survive the apocalypse. The Mayan Calendar predicts the world will end in ten days.
9. Pope Benedict XVI is joining hundreds of millions of people on Twitter. The pontiff is expected to send out his first tweet tomorrow morning.