1. A woman's body was found inside the campus athletic arena at Gadsden State Community College in Cherokee Wednesday morning. It was discovered in a mechanical room under the bleachers around 9 a.m..
2. The state of Tennessee is demanding something be done at the jail in Lincoln County, Tenn. The sheriff has been pushing for an expansion.
3. A fingerprint scanner created in the Valley was featured on Popular Science's "Best of What's New" list. Huntsville-based IDair created the AIRprint which is being beta tested at a Huntsville gym.
4. NASA administrator Charles Bolden made a visit to the River City. Bolden discussed the future of space travel during his stop at the United Launch Alliance Rocket Facility in Decatur.
5. There was quite a scene in Decatur as a 206 foot steel column hit the road for Houston, Tex.. The vessel will travel for three days across four states at 45 miles per hour.
6. The Power ball lottery is up to $550 million. The drawing took place at 10 p.m.
7. A fifth grade class in Indiana learns the need to keep on the ball. The idea of sitting on an exercise ball to keep students attention is catching on across the country.
8. The cost of a parking spot in China is rivaling that of a house. Investors are buying up the spaces and auctioning them off for as much as $88,000.
9. Humor didn't translate for the Onion. The satirical newspaper declared North Korean Dictator Kim Jong Un the sexiest man alive. China's communist party didn't get the joke and the People's Daily ran the story as real news.