1. Congressman Paul Ryan made a stop in the Rocket City. The GOP Vice Presidential nominee hosted a fundraiser at the VBC where attendees offered up a minimum $1,000 to get in the door.
2. Meanwhile, Ryan's kids got a chance to check out the US Space and Rocket Center. Liza, Charles and Samuel got a tour of the facilities and a chance to check out space camp.
3. Sheffield Police Chief Greg Ray was placed on administrative leave after the city's mayor filed a termination complaint. Ray refused to resign.
4. A suspect in the Rainsville Fred's shooting is now facing charges for the incident. Investigators zeroed in on Kelly Mayo after he was arrested for a similar crime in Georgia.
5. Huntsville Police looking for a gunman after a shooting around 11 this morning. A man was shot in the shoulder at the intersection of Colfax Road and Diablo Drive.
6. Ann Brown was found not guilty of disorderly conduct after she was accused of cursing out crews attempting to haul off her students' cars. Those vehicles were improperly parked at neighboring businesses.
7. Tennessee's Supreme court overturned a ruling upholding a voter identification requirement ordering state election officials to accept an ID issued by the Memphis public library.
8. The East Coast is bracing for a scary storm as Halloween approaches. Forecasters say this so called "frankenstorm" could cause billions in widespread damage.
9. More than two dozen hot air balloons hit the night skies of Arizona for a Halloween spooktacular. The launch was a part of a holiday festival.