1. Albertville police say 52 year old Rebecca Elrod was driving an SUV when she ran over her grandson, Braden Daniel on Diane Avenue around 3:30. A background check of Elrod shows an arrest for DUI. But, the charges were dropped.
2. Huntsville Police are investigating a beating at a private alternative school. The 13 year old victim told police a security officer pulled him from class for talking and beat him with an open hand.
3. The 60th Alabama Convention of the NAACP is kicking off in Huntsville. The 2012 theme is "No Vote, No Voice".
4. Athens is going pink for breast cancer awareness. One company released pink balloons and the local Chick-fil-A offered up some profits from customers wearing pink.
5. All fraternity pledgeship activities were suspended at the University of Alabama following allegations of hazing. The disciplinary actions are the result of calls made to the school's hazing hotline in the last week.
6. Thousands of pages of newly released documents show scout masters and others who were accused of molesting children were shielded from prosecution for decades. The Boy Scouts of America "perversion files" released today.
7. New numbers are painting a tough picture for college students. Two thirds of the college class of 2011 owe more than 26 thousand in student loan debt.
8. A large meteor was caught on camera in the California sky. Residents say it shook their homes when it hit the earth.
9. Don't pick it up! New research shows the five second rule is just a myth. Germs attach themselves to food items in less than five seconds.