1. Alabama Health officials say 19 Alabama residents were injected in neighboring states with steroid medicine from a specialty pharmacy linked to a meningitis outbreak. One has died.
2. An explosion at Redstone arsenal sent a contract employee to the hospital. The accident happened inside a missile research and engineering center while the employee was handling a small explosive device.
3. A Florence school board member is stepping down because of comments posted on facebook. The board accepted Jim Fisher's resignation at a brief meeting this afternoon and will now work to appoint a replacement.
4. Five boys at North Sand Mountain High School are accused of sexual harassment. We're told two football players held another football player on the ground while one player dropped his pants and placed his private parts on the victim's face.
5. The prank gone wrong that left a 15 year old shot in the head has been turned over to a grand jury to determine if criminal charges will be filed.
6. Apple is sending out invitations for an October 23rd event. Rumor has it the tech giant will unveil its mini iPad at the event.
7. The US Post office hit its borrowing limit of 15 billion dollars from the treasury last month. The agency will now have to rely on revenue from selling stamps, shipping and other services to cover huge operating costs.
8. Superstar Beyonce is rumored to be headlining the Super Bowl halftime show. The pop and R&B diva will take the stage February 3rd of next year at the Superdome in New Orleans.
9. Three would-be robbers collide on their way out of a department store in Georgia. After the tumble they leave the loot behind.