1. A Shoals man is facing charges in connection with a hit and run that killed a 13-year-old in Lauderdale County. Tay Ingram died at the hospital after being hit by a vehicle in front of his home.
2. Huntsville police arrested a mother and her boyfriend after finding three children malnourished and living in deplorable conditions. Investigators went to the couple's apartment after they allegedly left the scene of an accident.
3. A big grant was given to the National Children's Advocacy Center to coordinate investigations of child abuse. The US Justice Department awarded $637,000 to the organization.
4. The trial date for three people charged with dismembering a corpse in Colbert County was delayed. Prosecutors asked for more time in the trial that was set for October 15th because forensic evidence is not complete.
5. A University of South Alabama student wasn't armed when he was fatally shot by a campus police officer, but had he had taken LSD according to the Mobile County Sheriff. He says 18-year-old Gil Collar took the drug at a music festival.
6. A Florida man died after eating roaches and worms as part of a contest. He got sick shortly after the contest and collapsed. None of the other contestants got sick.
7. Convicted child molester Jerry Sandusky will likely spend the rest of his life behind bars. The former Penn State Assistant coach was sentenced to at least 30 years in prison.
8. A new feature on Facebook would allow you to "want" products you would like to buy. The want button will show wanted items on a user's timeline.
9. The auction for the Einstein "God Letter" started at $3 million. You can bid on the letter in which Albert Einstein dismissed the idea of God as a product of human weakness on eBay until October 18th.