1. Health officials confirm two cases of an infectious disease at Limestone County's Johnson elementary. Shigellosis causes diarrhea and fever and is contagious.
2. The city of Huntsville welcomed home a decorated officer who died off duty while serving overseas. 45 year old Lt. Col. Mary Ewing of Arab went missing while scuba diving off the coast of England in March of last year. Her remains were found last month.
3. A $7.5 million grant is helping the Huntsville Airport finish widening taxi ways. The project will allow for larger planes at HSV.
4. Huntsville City Council met Thursday night to iron out the budget. Council members approved the budget with 4-2 vote.
5. A Montgomery man says he's not guilty in a shooting that killed two former Auburn football players and a third man in June. Desmonte Leonard entered the plea in Lee County on Thursday.
6. Alabama fan Harvey Updyke will undergo psychiatric testing in Tuscaloosa after being arrested in Louisiana during a dispute in a store. He was due for a bond hearing in Lee County because of that incident, but instead turned himself in for testing. Updyke is accused of poisoning Auburn University's landmark oak trees....
7. A skydiver is getting ready to attempt jumping from space next month. The skydive would set a world record from 23 miles above earth.
8. "First thing - I want to see us export more jobs, export more products - excuse me," says President Barack Obama. Obama mixing words in front of an Ohio crowd. He joked the comment was channeling his opponent.
9. A fisherman reeled in a human finger inside a fish. Deputies traced the finger to an accident at the lake and determined it belonged to a wake boarder who lost four fingers.