1. Alabama is offering up to $8 million to help families repair or replace homes destroyed in the April 27th tornadoes. Owners of single family homes can receive up to $25,000 each.
2. The community is coming together in Rainsville to collect funds for the victims of a shooting. Police are looking for information regarding the shooting at Fred's two weeks ago.
3. Workers at a military uniform plant in Fayette are fighting for their jobs after government representatives told them they're giving their business to prison inmates. Employees are focused on a letter and fax campaign to government leaders.
4. Jessie Phillips was sentenced to death for killing his wife and unborn child. Phillips was found guilty for the killing of his wife, who was 8 months pregnant, at a Marshall County Carwash.
5. Drew Peterson was found guilty in the murder of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. The 58 year old faces up to 60 years behind bars. He's also a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife.
6. A security scare that sent a US Airways flight back to the airport after takeoff is now being called a pretty nasty trick. Police say a call claiming a passenger on that flight was carrying a dangerous substance was just a hoax.
7. President Barack Obama spoke Thursday night at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte to officially accept his party's nomination. The event was moved inside due to the threat of severe weather.
8. Clint Eastwood's empty chair is making waves across the US. A life sized cut out of the actor overlooking a California freeway is now accompanied by two empty chairs. No word on where the chairs came from..
9. Texas will soon open a stretch of highway with the highest speed limit in the country. An 85 mile an hour speed limit has been approved for a 41 mile long toll road between Austin and San Antonio.