1. An accident on I565 turned fatal when an SUV traveling westbound crossed the median and struck the victim's vehicle head on. The driver and passenger in the SUV were transported to Huntsville Hospital.
2. A man and a juvenile are facing charges for an armed car jacking gone wrong. The victim says the two gave up when they tried to steal his car which has a manual transmission because neither of them knew how to operate the stick shift.
3. Mule Day in DeKalb County brought in teams from across the country. It was the 25th anniversary for the event.
4. There is storm damage at Lauderdale County High School. Heavy winds on Sunday caused a brick wall divider and an awning to collapse behind the cafeteria.
5. The after-effects of Hurricane Isaac are being felt across the Gulf Coast. Tens of thousands are still without power as some evacuees are being allowed back in their neighborhoods.
6. The price of gas is up 11 cents from last week as oil production remains slow in the wake of Hurricane Isaac. The nation's oil and gas hub along the Gulf Coast is slowing coming back to life.
7. A new report warns that kids with asthma who inhale steroids might end up a little shorter. The study followed a thousand children and concluded that those who use the treatment lost half an inch in height.
8. A U-Haul Truck with security equipment for the Secret Service was stolen in Detroit. The agency was preparing for Vice President Joe Biden's trip to a Labor Day Rally.
9. Democrats are getting ready for their national convention in Charlotte. The event kicks off Tuesday. 6,000 delegates are expected to gather.