1. Don Sielgelman is headed back to prison. A federal judge ordered the former Alabama governor to 78 months including time served during his re-sentencing today. Prosecutors accused Siegelman of accepting a half million dollar bribe.
2. Marqueze Smith, the Decatur man convicted of killing Jeremy Black in 2003, was sentenced to death by lethal injection. There will be an appeal before the state sets an execution date.
3. Starting this weekend visitors for Alabama inmates will have to be fingerprinted. The new system is expected to deter visitors from bringing in contraband under false aliases.
4. Alabama's 7th annual tax free weekend is underway for back to school shopping and runs through Sunday night. You can find a complete list here, http://www.fox54.com/story/19194082/tax-free-weekend-in-alabama
5. Friday was the first day for Alabama's fall practice. The Crimson Tide, coming off a national championship, will begin the 2012 season number 2 behind LSU in the coaches poll.
6. A Vermont Police parking lot looks more like the aftermath of a monster truck rally. A man is accused of using his tractor to crush the police cars.
7. The Labor Departments says the unemployment rate rose to 8.3 percent in July. However, hiring in the month was the best since February.
8. A struggling bear was saved by three good Samaritans in Alaska. The trio noticed the drowning cub in a whirlpool and nudged it to slower water.
9. A DJ was kicked out of a baseball game in Florida. He played "Three Blind Mice" after a bad call and the ump tossed him.