1. A former minister is under investigation in the Shoals for child sex abuse. Church leaders at the First United Methodist church approached Sheffield police about the former music and youth minister when alleged victims came forward.
2. James Paul Pigg, the man accused of beating his grandmother to death in Limestone County, has pleaded not guilty to the crime by reason of mental disease or defect. His trial is set for December 3rd.
3. New Market Discount Drugs was the victim of an afternoon robbery. The suspects were caught a short time later.
4. A disturbing scene in Pennsylvania where a man in a wheelchair was attacked and robbed. Two men, caught on video dragging the man across the floor and stealing his TV, prescription pills and several other items.
5. A new state-wide ban on texting while driving goes into effect at midnight. Huntsville Mayor Tommy Battle joined a group of lawmakers to remind residents about the change.
6. The Flint River Bridge on Winchester road is set for a major upgrade when crews add lanes as early as the end of the year. Local leaders announced the project today for the bridge that was built in the 1940s.
7. Opening arguments are underway as Apple takes on Samsung. Apple claims the world's largest technology company's smartphones and computer tablets are illegal knockoffs of its iPhone and iPads. Apple is demanding $2.5 billion in damages.
8. The US Postal service will default on billions of dollars due to the US treasury. The agency owes $5.5 billion on Wednesday and is reporting losses of 25 million a day. Day to day mail service will not be affected.
9. Researchers found when you smile it reduces your stress level. Study authors say their findings show forcing a smile during an unpleasant task may make it a bit easier.