Three people were sent to the hospital after a ceiling collapsed at Sparkman Homes Public Housing in Huntsville on the 100 block of Mason Court.
Tiera Leslie says a quiet afternoon at her cousins' apartment suddenly became a whole lot louder when a bedroom ceiling collapsed right on top of her three cousins who were sitting on a bed.
First responders rushed the three women from Mason Court to Huntsville Hospital. "I'm like shook up for real, 'cause I can't believe it was the roof, out of all things. You know, things happen to people every day, but not a roof falling on your back while you're laying in the bed!" says Leslie.
Huntsville Housing Authority's spokesperson tells us that ceilings in each of the 165 apartments in Sparkman homes will be inspected next week.
She also says the agency is in the process of applying for federal funds to rebuild the nearly 60 year old community.