1. A man turned a gun on himself during an altercation with a police officer in Decatur.
2. Lincoln County commissioners are preparing to vote on a tax hike that could cost residents hundreds of dollars a year. If the increase is approved, property owners would have to pay an additional 39 cents per $100 of assessed value.
3. A Morgan County man is accused of stabbing his opponent during a game of chess. Deputies say Jesse Lethe got angry when he started losing.
4. Work is underway on the Tennessee River bridge on I-65. The interstate is reduced to one lane each way as crews complete repairs.
5. Republican governors are supporting sales taxes on online purchases in an attempt to send more revenue to state coffers. Amazon ready to start collecting sales taxes in California, Nevada, New Jersey and Virginia.
6. Residents are rallying after some Florida fire fighters removed American flags being flown from fire trucks. A spokesperson says they were taken down because of complaints.
7. President Barack Obama says he will not apologize for blaming the outsourcing of jobs by Bain Capital on Mitt Romney. Romney says those accusations are wrong.
8. A New York woman making a business out of cuddling. The Snuggery charges customers sixty bucks an hour to snuggle.
9. An Indiana man is dealing with the drought using paint. He sprayed his grass with lawn paint that is expected to last three to six months.