1. A Shoals woman died while saving a child from a burning home in Anderson. She handed the child to her husband through an open window but was unable to make it out herself.
2. Construction is underway on a controversial fence around the new Lee High School. The 8 foot high fence is being called a security precaution.
3. Electronic equipment and cash were taken from a Huntsville church building early Tuesday morning. Investigators say someone broke into a window to get inside.
4. The Alabama Supreme Court is reopening a lawsuit over whether Alabama's prepaid college tuition program can pay less than full tuition for students. A plan to provide reduced payments was struck down by the Supreme Court in March and then the Legislature passed a law in April to try to save it.
5. Desmonte Leonard, the man charged with killing three people at a pool party in Auburn, appeared in court in Opelika. A district judge will decide if the case will go to a grand jury.
6. A California father was placed behind bars for allegedly have a few too many at the bar while his eleven year old son waited in the car outside for two hours.
7. A massive fire erupted aboard a derailed freight train in Columbus Ohio. People within a mile of the fire were evacuated after the train jumped its tracks around 2 A.M.
8. A New York neighborhood is dealing with a bear problem. One bear even showed up as a reporter interviewed a resident about the three bears that roam the neighborhood.
9. A Yoga Instructor at Facebook's California campus is out of a job after a facebook employee complained about a disapproving look the instructor gave when the student began texting during class.