1. A fire is Hazel Green is being blamed on fireworks.
2. The U.S. Drought Monitor shows that 90% of Alabama is facing abnormally dry conditions.
3. A woman and two children escaped a Huntsville house fire without injury.
4. An early morning shooting at a local bar left one person dead and another injured.
5. Alabama's Severe Weather Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday is this weekend.
6. A storm topples a tent at a family gathering in Virginia. Somehow, no one was hurt.
7. A child was electrocuted while swimming between houseboats in Tennessee.
8. British researchers are trying to produce a "sunscreen pill".
9. In San Diego, it was a big BOOM when an 18-minute fireworks show went off-all at the same time. It lasted for 15 seconds.