1. The supreme court made history with a complex decision on President Obama's healthcare law. The justices upheld the individual insurance requirement that requires most Americans to buy health insurance or pay a fine.
2. A law that made it a crime to lie about being a war veteran or being awarded medals in the military was over-turned by the supreme court. The justices said the federal law was unconstitutional and a threat to free speech.
3. Someone is selling books out of a white FIAT in Lawrence County and claiming the proceeds go to the school system. The board says it has no affiliation with the individual.
4. Fire Fighters investigating the cause of that fire that destroyed a jewelry store in downtown Boaz last night. The shop's owner spent Thursday picking up the pieces.
5. State health officials are trying to locate students and teachers at Auburn University who may have come in contact with a student who tested positive for tuberculosis.
6. The Alabama board of education is taking over the Birmingham school system after the city's board failed to agree on a cost cutting plan. The plan includes ending the system's reputation of being top heavy with administrators.
7. Chinese researchers say icy water may not work as well as water at room temperature to cool you off because your body has to adjust the liquid's temperature to around 97 degrees before it is absorbed.
8. A fire that destroyed hundreds of homes in Colorado is still too dangerous to search for a cause. The FBI is working with local and state law enforcement to determine if any of the fires were set deliberately.
9. A would be crook was caught in the act in Massachusetts. An employee at a Rent-a-center arrived to work to find the man stuck under the loading bay door.