1. The heat is on with forecasted temperatures well into the triple digits. Valley organizations are making plans to help residents deal with the hot weather.
2. As the temperatures surge, so does your utility bill. Crews are getting ready for a long summer as demand for energy increases.
3. The body of an Alabama mother who abandoned her young children naked on the side of an Elmore County road, was found at the bottom of the Coosa River. A bible and a shawl were found on the riverbank.
4. The state of Alabama is leading the nation in reading improvement according to a new report which tracked progress over the last ten years.
5. An eleven year old Michigan boy was out on a joy ride in his mother's car and is now in critical condition. Police say he was driving 90 miles per hour when he clipped a utility pole and flipped.
6. Texas police say a man was high on synthetic marijuana when he began acting like a dog, then ate one alive. He's charged with felony cruelty to animals.
7. Google unveiled its new Nexus Seven. It's 7 inches in size and has 9 hours of battery life. The new tablet is available for pre order for just under $200.
8. A massive wildfire in Colorado Springs has forced over 32,000 evacuations. More than 800 fire fighters are battling the blaze, which has scorched over 15 thousand acres and destroyed countless homes.
9. Debby is now downgraded, but she's still causing damage. Florida is waterlogged with crater-like sinkholes and floodwaters swallowing homes.