1. Disturbing letters detailing perverted sexual fantasies were composed by a mother and father while behind bars. A family member discovered the letters that even involved the couple's own son.
2. An early morning fire severely damaged a fire truck, a rescue vehicle and the building for the Flat Rock Volunteer Fire Department. Firemen's boots, helmets, air tanks and jackets were also destroyed in the blaze.
3. Huntsville's Superintendent wants to get rid of textbooks. Dr. Casey Wardynski is proposing a plan for students to use laptops for digital learning.
4. The Huntsville Police Department announced its first female Assistant Chief in Sherry Jackson and first African American Captain in Jes Henry Malone.
5. An Alabama family offering help to a family friend claiming her daughter is dying of cancer, is now realizing it was all a hoax. They noticed charges on their credit cards and checks started bouncing. Now the woman is long gone.
6. Twitter was down for about 40 minutes worldwide this morning. A hacker group is taking credit for the down time. However, twitter tweeted, "The outage was due to a cascaded bug."
7. The first human case of the West Nile Virus this year popped up in Texas. With more mosquitos expected this year, health officials are sounding the alarm.
8. It turned into a chaotic scene at a Minnesota Zoo as flood water swarmed the facility. Several animals drowned, while a polar bear and two seals escaped their enclosures. They were eventually tracked down.
9. A Massachusetts woman says her GPS malfunctioned and that's the reason for her car winding up on a golf course. Police say she was drunk.