There's a reason the holiday season gets longer every year, and it's not just because people love to celebrate. Businesses know that customers are going to do their shopping early, and they're all positioning themselves to be the store that comes to mind when a customer is thinking about gift ideas.
But there's another reason for businesses to spread holiday cheer. Since the holidays are bound to be one of your busiest seasons, you have the opportunity to create a lasting impression with your customers, many of whom may do business with you for the first time.
Here are a few ideas on how you can show your customers that you care about more than just their dollar during the holiday:
* Send business holiday cards
to your loyal customers and business associates. Let them know that your relationship with them matters to you.
* Create a holiday version of your logo
. Since your logo is at the core of your business's identity, updating your logo for the season is a nice way to show your customers that you're in the spirit. It will also help your customers associate your business with their holiday shopping needs.
* Holiday giveaways. Give presents to your shoppers by allowing them to sign up for items as they complete their holiday shopping. The winners will be grateful for the extra generosity.
* While you're having your customers sign up for prizes, let them know that they can receive other special offers and news by signing up for your store's newsletter. If you aren't already using email newsletter software
, consider this option as a fast and easy way to get in touch with your customers.
* Offer holiday-themed packaging. Your customers are sure to consider coming back next year if they know they can get their gifts wrapped or packaged at your store.
* Host a customer appreciation event. Offer food, drinks and entertainment during a special event to let your customers know that you value their business. The holidays can be a great time to promote an event, which might be easier to host once things have settled down a bit.
Businesses that are able to make their customers' holiday shopping experience unique are more likely to see return business throughout the year. Don't miss the opportunity to show why your business stands out.